Forum

A deep dive in Chao...

Notifications
Clear all

A deep dive in Chaos Magick (Part 3)

Hathor
(@hathor)
Topic starter  

Hello my friends. Hope you all  slided out of the last Mercury Retrograde triumphantly. On this section I’m gonna talk about some new points following up the last section which we grasped some exercises helping us create the magical trance state.

The transformation in consciousness and state of mind is something which becomes inevitable for one who brings all knowledge into practice and the alteration of the mind to magical consciousness has often be called the Great Work. It has a far-reaching purpose leading eventually to the discovery of the True Will. Even a slight ability to change oneself is more valuable than any power over the external universe. All attempts to reorganize the mind involve a duality between conditions as they are and the preferred condition. Thus it is impossible to cultivate any virtue like spontaneity, joy, pious, pride, grace, or omnipotence without involving oneself in more conventionality, sorrow, guilt, sin, and impotence in the process. Religions are founded on the fallacy that one can or ought to have one without the other. We may have no religious beliefs but most of times we find ourselves in dual situations and then forcing ourselves to pick out one, since through  our dualistic mind we think the other one is the opposite but in essence there’s nothing as an opposite. High magic recognizes the dualistic condition but does not care whether life is bittersweet or sweet and sour; rather it seeks to achieve any arbitrary perceptual perspective at will.

There are two specific things which can help one out:

1) Laughter/Laughter; working like an antidote to the imbalance and possible madness of the magical trance

2) Non-attachment/Non-disinterest; the features that are against obsession with the magical practices.

Attaining these states of mind is accomplished by a process of ongoing meditation.

Now let’s have a closer look at the first one (my fav of favs), Laughter; it is the highest emotion, for it can contain any of the others from ecstacy to grief. It has no opposite. Crying is merely an underdeveloped form of it which cleanses the eyes and summons assistance to infants. Laughter is the only tenable attitude in a universe which is a joke played upon itself. The trick is to see that joke played out even in the neutral and ghastly events which surround one. It is not for us to question the universe's apparent lack of taste. Seek the emotion of laughter at what delights and amuses, seek it in whatever is neutral or meaningless, seek it even in what is horrific and revolting. Though it may be forced at first, one can learn to smile inwardly at all things.

Non-attachment/Non-disinterest best describes the magical condition of acting without lust of result. It is very difficult for humans to decide on something and then to do it purely for its own sake. Yet it is precisely this ability which is required to execute magical acts. Only single-pointed awareness will do. Attachment is to be understood both in the positive and negative sense, for aversion is its other face. Attachment to any attribute of oneself, one's personality, one's ambitions, one's relationships or sensory experiences — or equally, aversion to any of these —will prove limiting. In addition to these two meditations there is a third, more active, form of metamorphosis, and this involves one's everyday habits. To proceed, select any minor habit at random and delete it from your behavior: at the same adopt any new habit at random. The choices should not involve anything of spiritual, egocentric, or emotional significance, nor should you select anything with any possibility of failure. By persisting with such simple beginnings you become capable of virtually anything.

To be continued…

Hope you enjoyed this section, however I think to comprehend these kind of topics one must be into it.Here are 2 questions : “Have you found the language of these 3 sections intelligible so far?” and “Would it be interesting or not if we talk about different magical works like rituals, sigils and…in upcoming sections?”

Looking forward to reading your amazing feedbacks.

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Hathor

Immortal
(@immortal)
Active Member Registered

Thank you for the great series! I'm enjoying reading these articles.

Laughter; it is the highest emotion, for it can contain any of the others from ecstacy to grief. It has no opposite.

The part about laughter was a great reminder for me!

However, I guess Peter J Carrol here sounds a bit obsessed with laughter 😀 I could argue that if one experiences joy while laughing then "sorrow" would be the opposite feeling! Nevertheless, I can understand him in this context as he is combining the magical art of "Laughter" with "non-attachment" ... "Laughter" here is a magical art in itself that one needs master !

Posted by: @hathor

Only single-pointed awareness will do. Attachment is to be understood both in the positive and negative sense, for aversion is its other face. Attachment to any attribute of oneself, one's personality, one's ambitions, one's relationships or sen

Do you have any elaboration on how on can attain the "Single-pointed awareness" ?

This post was modified 2 months ago by Immortal

ReplyQuote
Hathor
(@hathor)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @immortal

Thank you for the great series! I'm enjoying reading these articles.

Laughter; it is the highest emotion, for it can contain any of the others from ecstacy to grief. It has no opposite.

The part about laughter was a great reminder for me!

However, I guess Peter J Carrol here sounds a bit obsessed with laughter 😀 I could argue that if one experiences joy while laughing then "sorrow" would be the opposite feeling! Nevertheless, I can understand him in this context as he is combining the magical art of "Laughter" with "non-attachment" ... "Laughter" here is a magical art in itself that one needs master !

Only single-pointed awareness will do. Attachment is to be understood both in the positive and negative sense, for aversion is its other face. Attachment to any attribute of oneself, one's personality, one's ambitions, one's relationships or sen

Do you have any elaboration on how on can attain the "Single-pointed awareness" ?

Glad that you like it. 😊 Even if it's his own obsession, I'd really appreciate that :)) 

Sorrow can be just another feeling, not necessarily the opposite of joy, since I think one can also find joy or ecstasy in sorrow.As regards  there are some people who claim that they sometimes experience joy or some states like trance in their deep depression periods! But laughter or joy seem to be the higher forms of all these.I mean when it comes to frequency level.

Well,since I'm also a student here, I dare say it's not really difficult to attain the "Single-pointed awareness" with the magical trance exercises but to retain it. 🤓 I guess practicing the magical focus and concentration more and more would help this way, to build it as a default.Knowing our egoistic mind and distinguishing its tricks would be essential as well.However we better keep in mind all the times that all these exercises and drillings should not make us attached or addict,cuz I think the strongest ego that one can construct would be the Spiritual Ego. So to improve or create the "Single-pointed Awareness", it would be much more efficient to build and destroy continuously...Like one's mind must devour the truth of CHANGE...

All my own ideas...as we know we actually know NOTHING...

😎

ReplyQuote
Immortal
(@immortal)
Active Member Registered

Sorrow can be just another feeling, not necessarily the opposite of joy, since I think one can also find joy or ecstasy in sorrow.As regards  there are some people who claim that they sometimes experience joy or some states like trance in their deep depression periods! But laughter or joy seem to be the higher forms of all these.I mean when it comes to frequency level.

Right! You see, the duality could measured in different ways. That's how we condition our psyche and I assume the whole intention of these series of articles are to discuss how one could liberate from the bondage of conditioned realities.

.Knowing our egoistic mind and distinguishing its tricks would be essential as well

Again its all about escaping the matrix that we are creating with all those binary conditions. Very well putted. 👍 

ReplyQuote
dreamer
(@dreamer)

Great post! and discussion. Learning a lot here. Please continue 😊 

Hathor liked
ReplyQuote
Share:
error: Content is protected !!