A deep dive in Chao...

Notifications
Clear all

A deep dive in Chaos Magick (Part 4)

Hathor
(@hathor)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello guys,hope you’re all doing well. 😊 In previous parts we talked about some practical exercises to create magical trance state and now I’m about to carry on the topic through some deeper concepts called “magickal techniques” .I’d like to allocate this part to “Dreaming” since in my view, it’s one of the most extravagant techniques which can conduce one’s magickal powers to a new high level.

In Liber Null Psychonaut, the author, Mr. Carroll talks about three significant techniques as magickal instruction: Ritual, Sigils and Dreaming. And as I said, I want to elucidate “Dreaming” in this part separately.

The methods are endless. With all techniques, aim to silence the mind and let inspiration provide some sort of answer. Whatever symbolic system or instruments are used, they act only to provide a receptacle or amplifier for inner abilities. The dream state provides a convenient egress into the fields of divination, entities, and exteriorization or "out of the body" experience. All humans dream each night of their lives, but few can regularly recount their experiences even a few minutes after waking.I know some people who claim they never dream but I think they dream but just can’t remember.When we dream, it’s like we wake up in another reality deeply connected to our subconscious  and unconscious mind however most of dreams could be related to one’s conscious mind and their daily thoughts or acts(deepends on one’s mind that how much they THINK or OVERTHINK during the day). Dream experiences are so incongruous that the brain learns to prevent them interfering with waking consciousness.

The magician aims to gain full access to the dream plane and to assume control of it. The attempt to do this invariably involves the magician in a deadly and bizzare battle with his own psychic censor, which will use almost any tactics to deny him these experiences. The only method of gaining full access to the dream plane is to keep a book and writing instrument next to the place of sleeping at all times. In this, record the details of all dreams as soon as possible after waking.Well this habit needs to be practiced over and over since our lazy mind likes to forget the details right after waking.I mean every little move of body or creating any thought can annihilate the whole dream or the bold details.My experience of writing dreams has showed me that the dream diary must be somewhere really close to my bed then I could write more of main details with no extra effort to remember them.

To assume conscious control over the dream state, it is necessary to select a topic for dreaming. The magician should start with simple experiences, such as the desire to see a particular object (real or imaginary) and master this before attempting divination or exteriorization. The dream is set up by strongly visualizing the desired topic in an otherwise silenced mind, immediately before sleep.To me that’s been one of the most difficult practices for lucid dreaming or dreaming with conscious control, however I’ve had some fantastic achievements and you better try it if you like.I’ve found setting alarm practice much more easier.Before going to sleep,you can set the alarm for 2-4 hours later.And little by little, when you do this exercise continuously, you can dream more lucidly and almost able to remember the whole dream.(I don’t suggest this exercise to those who suffer insomnia or sleep disorders). As Donald Michael Kraig in his “Modern Magick” book directly says

No one can give you magickal powers.You have to earn them.There is only one way to do this: Practice! Practice! Practice!

All magical techniques or exercises need one’s true will to practice more and more.There would be lots of failures for sure but we all know that failure is the important part of growth, I mean about everything.I just recalled some amazing chapters of “The Red Book”which is a window into Jung’s dreams.He was actually a master of lucid dreaming since he could turn his dreams into some wonderful mandalas which in his view are a representation of one’s Collective Unconscious.

As always, I enjoy receiving your feedbacks for some better coming articles. I haven’t decided yet to talk about rituals and sigils in next parts, so let me know if you’re into these “a bit more serious” kinds of techniques, albeit they’re requisite in Chaos Magick. 😎 

Thank you guys and wish you a great year ahead.

This topic was modified 4 months ago by Hathor

Immortal
(@immortal)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @hathor

you can set the alarm for 2-4 hours later.And little by little, when you do this exercise continuously,

This is a very interesting technique given in many lucid dreaming instructions. I recall that I've been readin an article back in days around this and if I remember correctly, the brain enters the REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep around 90min after one goes to sleep. Usually, one goes through a series of REM states (first time takes around 10-15min) and if once sleeps without any interrupt, it is expected that the duration of the REM extends in the later cylces.

Trying to wake yourself up in the 4th hour of the sleep would likely result in catching yourself in the middle of a dream (REM state). I tried this myself and used to put a notepad beside my bed to capture the details of my dream immediately!

Then after a while, I noticed that when the alarm rings I start to become conscious, and as I start to become conscious my connection to the dream plane becomes noisy and it starts to fade away. By each physical movement I made, the more it got faded away.This is a normal brain mechanism to protect the conscious mind from the full load of unconscious information!

So the tip that Im trying to give here is that before making a physical move, start to save your dream by engaging your conscious memory and reviewing the elements of the dream. Then you can get up and nail it down 😀

No one can give you magickal powers.You have to earn them.There is only one way to do this: Practice! Practice! Practice!

Period! a clear answer to those who think there is a magic button/shortcut!

Hathor liked
ReplyQuote
dreamer
(@dreamer)
Eminent Member

Thanks for continuing this. Enjoyed reading it as I am trying to practice lucid dreaming for quite sometimes now.

All magical techniques or exercises need one’s true will to practice more and more.There would be lots of failures for sure but we all know that failure is the important part of growth,

Right! Persistence is the key.

Posted by: @immortal

So the tip that Im trying to give here is that before making a physical move, start to save your dream by engaging your conscious memory and reviewing the elements of the dream. Then you can get up and nail it down

This is something I should try! Thats sounds very true if I look back 😀 Thanks for sharing this.

Hathor liked
ReplyQuote
Hathor
(@hathor)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@immortal Thanks for spicing the topic. Yeah...I think a little while after these kind of practices(depending one's state of mind during the day and night and the continuity of exercises),one would be able to remember the dream's details in a more remarkable way moreover, the number of lucid dreams would go up 😎 

ReplyQuote
Share:
error: Content is protected !!