Forum

A deep dive in Chao...

Notifications
Clear all

A deep dive in Chaos Magick

Hathor
(@hathor)
Topic starter  

Hello guys. Happy full moon in Aquarius. It seems this would be the first running topic about Chaos Magick so far in this forum and I’m pleased to start it at the right phase. 😎 
As some of us may know, Chaos Magick has started to manifesting almost in 1970, however in my idea some of the ancient people were using it many years ago. Cause it seems that the level of consciousness was much higher in most parts of Earth. Aleister Crowley, Austin Osman Spare, Peter J. Carroll and a few others had the most significant role in introducing this concept to the new world. I think before going to Chaos Magick as our topic we better mediate a little bit on the satisfying definition of Magick by dear Crowley.As he defines “ Magick is the science and art of causing change in accord with will.”,simple but amazing.right?! In my idea Chaos Magick can be the most complete one since it uses all sources to create the change .

IOT ,the Illuminates of Thanateros is an international magical organization that its focus is on practical group work in Chaos Magick. Here in this article I don’t aim to make you bored with numbers, dates or different names but taking a deeper look at some useful knowledge about this new sexy, Chaos Magick.

My article would be in a few sections and my main source is Liber Null & Psychonaut by Peter J.Carroll and I would mention any other sources I may use.I’m actually going to summarize the main points I read in this book in a more simple way and attach them to my own intuition and experiences, hope you would enjoy it.

This book talks about two major themes; one is that altered states of consciousness are the key to unlocking one’s magical abilities; and that these abilities can be developed without any symbolic system except the REALITY itself. Magical trance is one of the significant skills which one needs to master somehow.Mind controlling to create such state can be practiced by some exercises like motionlessness of the body, regulation of breathing, stopping of thoughts, concentration on sound and objects and concentration on mental images.
In “Motionlessness” exercise one finds a comfy position and tries to remain in that position as long as possible,trying not to blink or move the tongue or fingers or any part of the body at all. Setting an alarm can help one to practice this daily and master it little by little.In that position one can add “ Breathing” exercise by making breathing deeper and slower and using the entire capacity of the lungs but with no extra pressure and effort. A complete focus on breathing cycle.
This can be done for thirty minutes then withdrawing the mind from any thoughts can be so reachable; Not - Thinking.This is actually reaching a complete state of silence when mind becomes off. By practicing this one can lengthen the time through daily work; mental motionlessness, and the results should be recorded in a magical diary.

To be continued...

Thank you for reading ,guys and it would be great if you share your own ideas about this subject.

dreamer and Immortal liked
Immortal
(@immortal)
New Member Registered

Great Initiative 🙂 !

I think the chaos magick is walking somewhere between shamanism and high magick and thats what makes it super interesting.

I suppose, a very important concept to understand before getting into the practical chaos magick would may be the notion of "Kia" or "chi" or "Prana". 

Would you also elaborate on that in the context of chaos magick ? I assume its vital as the whole art of magick revolves around the circulation of this life-force!

Hathor liked
ReplyQuote
dreamer
(@dreamer)

Thank you for getting this started! I have very little knowledge on Chaos magic but what you're describing here is simple and easy to follow, so I deeply appreciate it 😇 

I used to practice meditation in corpse position in a similar way, been trying to first turn of all nerves in my body through imagination and stillness in the following way:

- Starting from left foot and the left most toe, trying to turn them off mentally one by one and then following the nerves all the way to left hip

- Doing the same thing for the right foot all the way to the right hip

- Continuing with the left hand in the similar way and turn the nerves off to the left shoulder

- Doing the same thing for the right hand all the way to the right shoulder

- Continuing with the abdominal area, turning off the nevers (spinal column) all the way to the head !

-- That's the point where the meditation starts by trying to remain motionless and in no-thinking state by focusing on the breathing!

Been doing this practice for a couple of years now and getting better and better at it but only as a meditation technique and not a magical technique. I think in chaos magic the aim is more to reach to the state of trance and then accomplish some sort of magical act! right?

Looking forward to reading more from you!

ReplyQuote
Hathor
(@hathor)
Topic starter  

@immortal Thank you my friend. 😊 

Yes, exactly. I should have explained it in first part but that’s fine, I would definitely describe it in a more specific way in next part.Cuz as you said “Kia” or life force is the main substance of any kind of magical practice or generally trance state.

ReplyQuote
Hathor
(@hathor)
Topic starter  

@dreamer Glad that you liked it 🤗 

Yeah, this practice is Savasana in yoga when you lead the focused prana in different parts of body and make that part conscious of itself. This exercise works in yoga accurately since you need a conscious body during all yoga moves. But these types of exercises are a bit different in magick area.In these kind of exercises as I’ve realized so far,the goal is creating the magical trance state almost unconsciously when you’re not leading the prana but remaining in a motionless pose of mind and body which prana flows by itself. Only in breathing part and at the beginning you may need to focus on breathing to make it slower and deeper not by effort and pressure, and little by little this would be your default kind of breathing when you practice magick.

In next parts we would come to realize more about the essence of these exercises.Thanks for such amazing feedback.

ReplyQuote
dreamer
(@dreamer)

@hathor Thanks for the response 😇  Then I just wait to read the coming parts!

Hathor liked
ReplyQuote
Share:
error: Content is protected !!