Forum

Notifications
Clear all

LSD  

RSS

Tyler
(@nous)
14/12/2020 4:56 pm  

Wish there was more activity here.  I could talk all day about my one and only LSD experience.  

Rajat liked
Gnostic Serpent
(@gnostic-serpent)
02/01/2021 7:37 pm  
Posted by: @nous

Wish there was more activity here.  I could talk all day about my one and only LSD experience.  

Hi Tyler,

Unfortunately, We really don't want to go in that direction. There are many drug forums out there where you can find people discussing their recreational drug uses without any specific container or context.

However, I think it is still fair to dedicate a section on this forum for shamanic experience/ Healing journey reports. I think that resonates much more with the purpose of this community. Since recreational use-cases are totally out of scope for this forum. 

Please find the new forum here

This post was modified 7 months ago by Gnostic Serpent

ReplyQuote
Tyler
(@nous)
02/01/2021 9:47 pm  

@gnostic-serpent and recreational use-cases are never healing journies/shamanic experiences?  I think it would be much more beneficial to discuss these experiences with people in a community like this who could decipher them in a much more meaningful context than the members of a recreational drug forum. Doesn't look like there is enough people to discuss here anyways unfortunately. 

ReplyQuote
Gnostic Serpent
(@gnostic-serpent)
03/01/2021 11:26 am  
Posted by: @nous

@gnostic-serpent and recreational use-cases are never healing journies/shamanic experiences? 

If you count them "Healing Journey" then why are they "Recreational" at the same time?

I think all we discussing here is the mindset, One who takes medicine for healing would never call it "Recreational use" and will never talk about unnecessary things but the healing aspects of one's journey.

All we are trying to do is avoiding deviations and context-less discussions in this forum.

ReplyQuote
Tyler
(@nous)
05/01/2021 5:00 pm  

@gnostic-serpent I never called my experience recreational.  I was just arguing that there are plenty of people who are on a healing journey in their sober every day life because of an unexpected spiritual experience resulting from recreational use of a substance.  I yearn to talk about my one and only LSD experience because it is the only experience in my life that has really left me unsatisfied in that I cannot explain it.  My use of psilocybin in the past has resulted in ineffable experiences but these experiences seem to be so universally common with those of other human beings that the gap left by our lack of words for the experience seems to communicate the ineffable aspect of it once we start to notice the same gap in every conversation we have about our experiences.  This gap I would even argue is currently(and probably has always been) the 'phantom glue' holding together the ever increasing interest in psilocybin within society. 

With LSD, this has not been the case in my experience.  I used both of these substances with intention, and recreation was never my aim.  I have talked to good deal of people who have used LSD and it always seems like we are describing different substances.  My LSD was tested so I know it was in fact LSD.  It is just very perplexing to me and I have a strong desire to pin this experience down somehow and understand it.  But I have a suspicion that while psilocybin seems to reveal a shared reality, one we might not have language for yet but one we all can directly experience, LSD reveals a subjective/individual reality that ONLY WE can directly experience as individuals.  It feels as though LSD inoculated my mind with thoughts, ideas, images, metaphors, etc. etc. that only I can possibly understand, and even though they are truer than true for myself - this level of personal interaction with a subjective environment/reality is something most humans are not very familiar with.  It is as though most humans live on a sort of 'perceptual surface level' completely unaware of the limitless depth and complexity beneath.  Completely unaware of the code that directs their everyday internal and thus external lives.  If I were to share, and when I have shared, my insights and observations that occurred during this LSD experience with another human, they will find it impossible to capture and understand them.  It is a very lonely feeling and it explains why people who have never taken LSD look at those who have as if they might have some type of underlying mental illness or as if they have 'lost touch with reality'.  They have no reference, the person has broken through the shared perceptual surface layer and for the first time discovered some form of raw experience which is alien to most people.  But, I think this feeling/recognizing of true loneliness is sort of the reality of life that for the most part, I think we all try to ignore and even escape.  That we are so ultimately alone and most of the stuff in our minds is just concocted compromises between what we feel, think, observe, and what other human beings/minds think, feel, observe.  The only thing we can feel, think about, and observe which isn't some sort of compromise of the ultimate truth of things, is our own direct experience.  And we are all constantly tugging at one another, trying to convince one another that our individual direct experience is THE direct experience.  And this is how the compromises come about.  Perhaps all driven by a deep fear of spending our entire existence alone in this solitary interaction we call life, and the sadness that accompanies it.  

Got a little bit carried away.  My bad.  Guess this is a good example of having a lot to say on this subject and never really having had the chance to say it.  Back to 'reality'..

ReplyQuote
Quinn
(@ironmind13)
22/06/2021 10:53 pm  

@gnostic-serpent I think an experience that was initially intended to be recreational could turn into something more meaningful. 

ReplyQuote
Gnostic Serpent
(@gnostic-serpent)
26/06/2021 7:47 pm  

@ironmind13 Definitely! No doubt about that. It is all comes down to the fact of how we explain them. in what context? in what container?

Here is not a drug forum to discuss drug experiences 🙂 the way we approach things, is the way we reap them ultimately! We are not trying to put limit or restriction of any sort in this community but according to our past experiences, in similar set and settings, we came to the realization that If we don't put different discussions in a right container, it is too likely things drift way too much from the main purpose.

Why should we share our journey if it is not for the sake of Healing or Self-Exploration?

Are you aware of the fact that so many people are trying to find online customers in this way? in similar forums ...

Then Let us get things right from the very beginning 😉 Trust our experience on this! 

ReplyQuote
Gnostic Serpent
(@gnostic-serpent)
26/06/2021 8:26 pm  

@nous  Then I totally understand your goal Tyler 🙂 I hope you don't mind us being clear to the audience and members of this forum in such posts which are going to give direction to all coming discussions ...

I think there is nothing to worry about! We created a dedicated forum for this "Shamanic journey Report" right after you raised this need. Looking forward to reading more from you!

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by gserpent

ReplyQuote
Share:
error: Content is protected !!