Notifications
Clear all

Seeking guide on how to start with Kundalini yoga  

RSS

dreamer
(@dreamer)
22/07/2020 12:28 pm  

Hi everyone,

In recent years I've been keep getting back to the "Kundalini" notion for various reasons while I was trying to interpret and understand some of my experiences. As I have been now member of this community for quite a while, I would like to get your comments / guides / hints on how to start with Kundalini yoga. If any of you have been working with this, I would appreciate if you can share your experience on Kundalini yoga journey 🤓 generally seeking answer to the following questions:

- Where to start with?

- what steps / techniques to take?

- Any good resource?

This topic was modified 2 months ago by dreamer

Topic Tags
Gnostic Serpent
(@gnostic-serpent)
04/08/2020 10:32 pm  

Hi Dreamer,

Posted by: @dreamer

In recent years I've been keep getting back to the "Kundalini" notion for various reasons while I was trying to interpret and understand some of my experiences.

I think that's natural because on some level everything that we're experiencing be it on our waking conscious or unconscious/subconscious are about Kundalini. If we consider the Kundalini as an energy (Life) system then we'll be able to get a better understanding of it.

Posted by: @dreamer

generally seeking answer to the following questions:

- Where to start with?

- what steps / techniques to take?

- Any good resource?

To start with the Kundalini Yoga, there is no absolute framework, however, there are various strategy give by different Gurus/Masters. I will mention some of the good resources from different Gurus so that you can have a read on them.

But to answer to your questions based on my own experience & understanding of Kundalini, I would suggest you to start with the science of kundalini & Chakra system as a foundation on which you'll be able to build your own understanding while practicing different techniques. Before getting into the experience, it is crucial to know about the elements you're going to deal with. Moreover, since Kundalini experience is a Psycho-physiological experience, it is also of highest importance to study the psychology & Physiology of Kundalini.

When it comes to steps to take or techniques to utilize, I always suggest the combination of the followings:

- Asana

-- Resource: B.K.S. Iyengar: The Illustrated Light On Yoga

- Pranayama

-- Resource: B.K.S. Iyengar:  Light On Pranayama

- Meditation

-- Resource: Swami-Satyananda-Saraswati-Kundalini-Tantra

- Mantra 

-- Resource:Mantralogy: An Anthology of Sacred Chants - Mantras Used in Kundalini Yoga as Taught by Yogi Bhajan

* Tantric sex

-- Resource: The Tantra Experience : Evolution through Love

* Kriya

-- Resource: Pramahansa Yogananda - The Essence of Kriya Yoga

* Entheobotanical agents

Here the ones with ( - ) are the necessary practices on this path and the ones with ( * ) are optional to combine with the major ones. 

Other good resources :

• Biology of Kundalini: Exploring the Fire of Life. By Jana Dixon.

• The Serpent Power: The Secrets of Tantric and Shaktic Yoga Book by Arthur Avalon

• Kundalini Tantra: by Satyananda Saraswati

• Kundalini Yoga : the Mysteries of Fire. Samael Aun Weor

• The psychology of Kundalini: Carl. Jung

Good luck on your path!

ReplyQuote
Share:
error: Content is protected !!