Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Runes; Route to Transformation (Part 1)

Hathor
(@hathor)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

“Long have we dwelt outside the gates of the gard of our indwelling gods. We were not expelled from their knowledge by some irreversible transgression—but rather have only turned our backs on their troth. We can again turn to face their radiant power—but only by knowing the roadways of that journey. Those gangways are the runes—the mysteries of our path—and the keys to their own hidden dimensions.” Said  Edred Thorsson, the American professor and runologist.

In this article, I’m going to share a short summary about Runes with you guys and perhaps carry on the topic ,since it’s an extensive one. I chose “The Big Book of Runes and Rune Magic” written by the mentioned author, Edred Thorsson as my main source.

The most common definition for the word rune is “one of the letters of an alphabet used by ancient Germanic peoples.” This definition is the result of a long historical development, the entirety of which we must come to know before we can see how incomplete such a definition is. Actually, these “letters” are much more than signs used to represent the sounds of a language. They are in fact actual mysteries, the actual “secrets of the universe,” as one who studies them long and hard enough will learn. The root is found in every major Germanic dialect.“rune” is an ancient, indigenous term and that the oldest meaning was in the realm of the abstract concept (mystery), not as a concrete sign (letter). The definition “letter” is strictly secondary, and the primary meaning must be “mystery.”

In this article I’m not actually eager to talk about lots of details about the history of Runes or Runic origins as regard as I also haven’t found them that much interesting (except some particular essential knowledge) but I can reference you to  https://www.gnosticserpent.com/knowledge-base/runes/ for some further information in case you like to know.

But what more can be said about the esoteric aspects of runic origins?

The runes themselves, are without beginning or end; they are eternal patterns in the substance of the multiverse and are omnipresent in all of the worlds. But we can speak of the origin of the runes in human consciousness (and as a matter of fact this is the only point at which we can begin to speak about the “origins” of anything).

Odin is the archetype of the deepest aspect of humanity, that which bridges the worlds together in a webwork of mysteries—the runes. Odin is the communicator to the conscious of the contents of the unconscious and supra-conscious, and he/it fills the “space” of all of these faculties. We, as humans, are conscious beings but have a deep need for communication and illumination from the hidden sides of the worlds and ourselves. Therefore, in an esoteric sense the runes originate in human consciousness through the archetype of the all-encompassing (whole) god hidden deeply in all his folk. For us the runes are born simultaneously with consciousness. But it must be remembered that the runes themselves are beyond his (and therefore our) total command. Odin can be destroyed, but because of his conscious assumption of the basic pattern of the runic mysteries the “destruction” becomes the road to transformation and rebirth.

Hope you enjoyed this part and like always, I’d love to know your feedbacks. 😊 

Shin
 Shin
(@shin)
Active Member Registered

Interesting article!

I remember in one of my experiences where I was traveling quite deep in my psyche, I started to see and become one with some of those figures where each were activating a certain energy in my system. Like high-level instruction codes!

When I look at some of the runes, some of them actually remind me very much of the Asana poses in Yoga! Do you think if they could possibly be originated from the same archetypal root? 😀

This post was modified 3 months ago by Shin

ReplyQuote
Hathor
(@hathor)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @shin

Interesting article!

I remember in one of my experiences where I was traveling quite deep in my psyche, I started to see and become one with some of those figures where each were activating a certain energy in my system. Like high-level instruction codes!

When I look at some of the runes, some of them actually remind me very much of the Asana poses in Yoga! Do you think if they could possibly be originated from the same archetypal root? 😀

Thank you my friend...That experience of yours was truly something 😎 Futharks are utterly connected to human's psyche and also her/his consciousness structure. From the first found inscriptions to the magick and divination, all has been about a tremendous psyche decoding system and that's the reason you found yourself one with them. When we know more and more about Runes and that how deep-rooted they are, we can see them connected or related to most magical or psychological systems or theories have been created so far(like the Jungian structure of the Soul and the Kabbalistic Tree of Life). So as you said why not to the Asana Poses? :)I can't exactly say that through an example since to me there's still a lot to discover about Runes, but we can see the foundations of both in consciousness area intelligibly. Odin as a runemaster and an archetype of wisdom is actually a model of human psyche and manifests the vast ocean of it with all its powers, Odin’s being teaches the way of the “whole-I,” the “all-self,” as well as the “higher self.” So we can guess how much we DON'T know about Runes yet. 😀

Shin liked
ReplyQuote
Shin
 Shin
(@shin)
Active Member Registered

To me it has been always like this, the more primal a language or system, not only simpler but also more powerful and effective in doing its job! 😀

Thanks for starting this thread! Looking forward to reading more connected to this!

Hathor liked
ReplyQuote
Share:
error: Content is protected !!