Join Us!
Recent Topics

Social Media

Forum

Difference between ...

Notifications
Clear all

Difference between different Tarot decks?  

RSS

dreamer
(@dreamer)
17/12/2020 9:32 pm  

I have been trying in the past six month to learn about Tarot and planing to buy a deck to explore it in practice 😊ย 

What is really the difference between different decks? Really a beginner here, would love to hear from you if anyone has any knowledge and can guide me through.

ย 
This topic was modified 6 months ago 2 times by dreamer

Gnostic Serpent
(@gnostic-serpent)
02/01/2021 7:09 pm  
Posted by: @dreamer

I have been trying in the past six month to learn about Tarot and planing to buy a deck to explore it in practice 😊ย 

What is really the difference between different decks? Really a beginner here, would love to hear from you if anyone has any knowledge and can guide me through.

ย 

Such a nice move ๐Ÿ˜‰

In short, the difference between Tarot systems is somehow like the difference between different language systems. As different languages are to be used for communication between humans, different Tarot systems are just different ways of communication with the Macro-Cosmic and Micro-Cosmic forces in this universe. Each mystical/spiritual system, depending on the underlying constitution and cosmogony (Cosmogenesis), might have its own Tarot system.

Some of the well-known decks for beginners are:

• Rider Waite Tarot
  • The New Mythic Tarot
  • The Jungian Tarot
  • etc

Some of the well-known decks for Professionals are:

• Thoth Deck
  • Ina Auederieth Tarot
  • Hermetic Tarot
  • The Golden Universal Tarot
  • Enochian Tarot
  • etc

Most of the Tarot systems are comprises of two parts : Major Arcana (Macrocosmic Map), Minor Arcana (Microcosmic Map). You can read more about the details here on our knowledgebase: Tarot

ReplyQuote
dreamer
(@dreamer)
14/02/2021 11:26 am  
Posted by: @gnostic-serpent

In short, the difference between Tarot systems is somehow like the difference between different language systems. As different languages are to be used for communication between humans, different Tarot systems are just different ways of communication with the Macro-Cosmic and Micro-Cosmic forces in this universe.

Thank you so much for this explanation. Brief but that is also what I understood based on my readings so far.

Based on your suggestions and my little background and interest on hermeticism, I went for the Hermetic Tarot ๐Ÿ™‚ and I love it.

ย 

I have attached the pictures here! 😊ย 

ย 

Any suggestion on practices and how would be the best to utilize it? Open to receive your best practices ❤️ย 

ReplyQuote
Share:
error: Content is protected !!